100% financing is still available in Columbus GA!
If we listen to the news we would think that there is no financing available and that a buyer must have 25% down to finance a home. This is just not true! There are still several programs that will help you buy a home with 0% to 3% down. Especially if you are a first time home buyer or have limited income or if you are in a service industry like Military, School Teacher, or Nurse. Here are some examples of possible loans that may allow you a minimum down payment.
1) VA loan for military families - 100% financing with just reasonable credit requirements
2) FHA loan - 97% financing with reasonable credit
3) Georgia Dream - help with down payment if you fall into a lower income bracket, are a school teacher, police, or nurse. Ask us about this option to help with the 3% down required by the FHA. Georgia Dream + FHA could equal 100% financing
4) City Grant - Similar to the Georgia Dream above and can sometimes be combined with the Georgia Dream to really increase your borrowing power.
5) Rural Housing - For areas outside the city there is 100% financing with very minimal requirements as well.
There are still a lot of options including the ones mentioned above that will allow you to own a home with nothing or nearly nothing down. In most cases we can negotiate the seller to pay your closing costs.
Let us help you make a good decision and a wise investment!